Tuesday 15 June 2010

Behringer Eurorack UB1202 Mixer - The quest for better audio

Impressed with the SSB audio of fellow club member, Andy, 2E0OJE, I happened to see on Ebay this Behringer Eurorack UB1202 Mixer with the correct leads for my Kenwood TS-480.

One click later and the item was mine, and here it is.


It's still early days, and with Andy's help we have set up the audio on-air, I was looking for a mellow bassier audio, I have also set up the custom EQ software via the Kenwood program which you can save to the User setting.

My first contact since I have used the new set-up was with GM8LFB on 10m.

5 comments:

  1. I would love to hear you sometime. With so many knobs a switches it has to sound great. What kind of mike you use with it? 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bas - too many knobs and swiches at first glance, luckily with the help means that there's not too much need now to twiddle...hopefully, probably wishful thinking !

    I use the Kenwood MC60A base mic.

    73 Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our trip to Andy's shack inspired us both: you with the Mixer and me with CAT software. Excellent. Hope it does the business. Bye for now, Adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paul, only it's not easy to go portable with this. But it will surely produce BBC audio. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paul,

    Strangely enough in the mobile I've had quite a few unsolicited reports on the tx audio quality, that's on an old Kenwood with the fist mike, whereas at home I've had nothing.

    We'll see if it makes any difference, if not then it will go the ebay way.

    73 Paul.

    ReplyDelete