Sunday 5 September 2010

I love going to work at the weekend..

I was at work this afternoon, OK not so good being the weekend, however as I have the place to myself and as long as the work gets done, then the rest of the time is my own, and what better way than to spend my 'lunch-hour' doing some radio from the mobile.

Switched on 20m to hear 'FIELD DAY', excellent, checked the internet, it seemed to be the RSGB contest that was on, I set myself a target of 10 contacts across the remaining time I had.

Well I worked the following -

GM5CX/P - 20m
OZ3FYN/P - 20m
RO3DX/P - 20m
DR0W/P - 20m
OZ2AR/P - 40m
ON4SNW/P - 40m
OZ2EDR/P - 10m
SX7WP/P - 20m
F0TX/P - 40m
M0GBB/P - 40m
MM0KLR/P - 40m
G2AS/P - 40m

Really chuffed to work Denmark on 3 different bands, (quite bizzare really I just kept hearing OZ calls everywhere), including 10m, very surprised as 10 has been quiet for weeks, I need to check but I think the SX contact (Greece) is a new one for me.

Overall I worked Scotland twice, England twice, France, Germany, Belguim, Greece, Russia, and Denmark.

The last contact, G2AS/P, was the Sheffield Radio Club call, in honour of the late HAM, Harold, G2AS.



3 comments:

  1. Good morning Paul, going to work and working DX now that is a dream job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paul, that's a well spend lunch hour. I miss any station from the Netherlands? I guess OZ were strong signals ;-) too strong for the QRP Dutch guys...well, I didn't took part in the fieldday contest this year, the weather was to good and I was most of the time outside with my family in the garden. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - It would be interesting to know if you guys were around on HF on Saturday afternoon UTC, what you could hear, there really were a lot of stations from Belgium, yet today nothing much of anything,

    73 Paul.

    PS - Nice one Bas, family time in the garden, excellent.

    ReplyDelete