Monday 25 January 2010

I have seen the light...

at the end of the tunnel, apart from one shelf to go up to house the flatscreen and freeview the back room redecoration is done.

So today being my last day off from work means I can have some me time, and that means mucking about with bits of wire, hell I know how to live the rock 'n' roll lifestyle !

I do have the car to wash as well, so it's not all excitement today, oh yes an an online tax return to do before the 31st when the IR slap a £100 fine on you.

Of course the radio will be on upstairs..and downstairs via the internet, no need to miss out is there ?

Was hoping to hear Adam M6RDP and Paul PC4T on 7125, usually they QSO on 7185 but apparently Paul SWR is high on 7185 due to the snow and ice, but I heard neither, I know that Adam wont have the same problem he lives like half a mile away and there's no snow here, weve had enough of that malarky lately thank-you.

Off to the Radio Club tonight, I believe that we are going to be using the HF rig tonight to call CQ as part of the Foundation practical assesment, should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Paul,

    Have you heard it is -12 in the northern Netherland! Unbelieveable! I thought it was more mild than that. Are we on for meeting next Monday afternoon? Hope so as I want to see your shack, your long-wire (all 45 meters of it!) and perhaps a sneak preview of your Celestron 'scope....
    73 Adam

    ReplyDelete