Saturday 28 August 2010

Amatuer Radio Blogging...

It's a Friday night, we have a friend staying with us, the beer and wine is flowing, as some of you may know, I am one who likes to enjoy themself...

Two of my favourite blogs have decided to call it a day - Right I am going to cut straight to it, yes blogging can be rewarding, also it can be damn frustrating, you post something which in your opinion is interesting and recieve no replies.

However you post something that you think is somewhat mediocre, and you get loads of replies.

How fickle the public is !

I'll be honest my blog is primarily for me, as a record of what I have done, not just in radio, thing is I am also cursed with a memory of places i have been to like a sieve, so the blog is good for certain things, I can look back and remember.

I will not stop blogging for the foreseable, I hope Paul and Dick do come back sometime and tell us all about their adventures, especially in life and also radio, until then I wish them all the best.

7 comments:

  1. Paul,

    I think you have hit the nail on the head! Blogging for me is almost like keeping a diary- its nice to look back and see what you have been doing, like you my memory is poor. Comments are always welcome of course but as you say sometimes the subjects that attract the most comments are not the ones you would think.
    Keep up the blogging and go easy on the wine!

    73 Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin,

    I'll try and keep it easy on the beer, the XYL is the wine guzzler !

    There is a local event, the first of it's kind called the Occombe Music festival, normally Occombe farm just does it's annual beer festival, so we are off to that this afternoon, with free buses laid on there really is no excuse !

    73 and good weekend, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Paul,
    I am very new to blogging just started mine this summer. As for me it has been a learning curve on how to get the blog up live. I have found the blog keeps me accountable to myself. I have done more with ham radio since I started the blog than before blogging. The other thing blogging has done for me is I have been active reading and commenting on other blogs. I have become more and more aware of the many areas of ham radio. As well as getting to know other hams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know the feeling, it's like facebook sometimes I cant really be bothered with it and all the people, apparent friends, I dont know 490 people.. they all add me,, but blogging is good if like me you have a bad memory.. im 25 and am old lol.. Keep up the good work.. 73 cornishconnect.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paul, same for me. I often look back at the archives of last year in my blog. And I don't care if I get many replies or nothing. I'll keep on blogging because I still think it's a lot of fun. And after all, there is so much to discover with HAM radio that there is never a end of topics...
    73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paul as you know i am new to blogging and found the thread very interesting, so far no one has replied to any of my bloggs but maybe one day they will feel like Billy No Mates.

    As for memory then of late i have surprised myself as i have been doing some research for a book that i am writing about a part of my life back in 1963 and it has been rather incredible what i have remembered even down to the minutest detail, sadly i have forgotten what i had for dinner last night lol, see you soon i hope for a chat.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all, some very positive comments for blogging, I cant think of anything else to say as I sit here nursing the mother of all hangovers, never again....until the next time.

    ReplyDelete