Saturday 21 August 2010

OX3KQ - On top of the world.

I had a nice qso with Jesper, OX3KQ, in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland this afternoon on 17m.

Isnt it nice when you hear an unusual callsign, even better when they are coming in on a 5/9, and as I happened to be tuned on the frquency prior to him calling, I was one of his first contacts, all good for the QRP station and the inevitable DX spotting/big gun stations showing up !

Here are a few pics of Jesper and his club station, looks pretty cold.


Magnificent view towards the East (and Europe) as seen by the 20m-17m beam from the top of the wooden platform.



Jesper OX3KQ doing the CQWW SSB Contest

6 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, I suppose you worked him with SSB. Well done! Have a nice weekend. 73 Paul PAØPSY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a fantastic contact. Very well done indeed. What a stunning view from Jesper's shack. Beats the endless terraces from my shack!
    73 Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys, yes sorry on ssb on 17m, and yes that's what I thought, what a view, I imagined my signal crossing that icy expanse and into the yagi !

    73 for now, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Paul - Yes, SSB, no CW as yet, ask Adam, my CW 'skills' leave a lot, and I mean A LOT to be desired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the Greenland QSO, Paul. There was a time when a local Air Force reserve unit flew into Greenland on a regular basis. An amateur among them who operated from there. Not sure that is the case any longer.

    73 Dick

    ReplyDelete