Saturday 14 August 2010

Worked another country on 2m !

Yes readers, today I worked into Wales on 2m - And the best part of it was that I managed this extraordinary propogational feat on a 5w handheld.

For those of you thinking, wow how did he manage that from Torquay, and for those who are smelling a rat somewhere, well I did talk with Mike, MW3CHZ in Beddau, S.Wales, and he actually gave me a 5/9+ report, the only thing was that I was located around 800' ASL on Crooks Peak, which is in the Mendips, Somerset.

As the crow flies, the contact was about 28 miles, so still pretty good.





You can see the M5 in the first picture, there was a bad crash involving a caravan on the southbound carriageway, that we witnessed on the way up, which caused massive tailbacks.





View Larger Map

The google map shows the road route between Crooks Peak and Beddau, S. Wales.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Paul,

    Good to see you Monday night. The cw was a good laugh wasn't it. We'll get the knack one of these days. Well done on the Welsh contact. I have only had one or two into Wales myself and it is always a nice suprise. Bye for now, Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam, likewise, and yes the CW was fun !

    See you on Monday, 73 Paul.

    ReplyDelete