Friday 25 February 2011

HRD LOG.net

I have always used Ham Radio Deluxe - http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/HRDv5.aspx to control the TS-480 , along with DM780 for the data modes, and finally the integrated log book, which also allows you to automatically upload to eQSL.cc and finally to HRDlog.net.


Here http://www.hrdlog.net/Default2.aspx you can view your log, edit any incorrect entries you may have made in HRD logbook, you can also do the usual things, search for callsigns, view DXCC worked etc, but more interestingly perhaps, you can view a qso map in google maps.


Just click on 'qso map' from there you will see 'open with google maps', this brings up another page, which is in Italian, if you don't 'parlare italiano', then you can have the page translated.



Visualizzazione ingrandita della mappa

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, it sounds fantastic, but I just work with a Excel spreadsheet logbook. It is fine for me. Have a nice weekend, 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, i love HRDLog. its a great "back up" of your shack logbook, so if you need to restore it from an offline source you can.

    Also if you change the URL from xxxx.google.it/xxxxx to xxxxx.google.co.uk/xxxxxxx its all in english. Useful for thicko's like me who cannot understand Italian ! lol

    Just wondering on your thoughts of the QRZ system. Should that be also be an automatic update from HRD ? and are there now too many online log book apps ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul, you're a better man than me, excel scares the hell out of me !

    Hi Dan, thanks for the '.co.uk' tip. makes sense, as for the QRZ log, I dont use it to be honest, is that integrated into LoTW, if so then very useful, I wish HRD uploaded to LoTW as well as eQSL.

    As for too many log book apps, well I have not felt the need to try any other, so cant comment there, HRD was the first I tried and liked, got lucky I guess ?

    73 Paul.

    ReplyDelete