Thursday 7 October 2010

Back from holiday.

And back to work, hey ho, still I managed a little bit of radio, but only just..

As I am not yet an M0, I cant transmit abroad, still I decided to take a small handie, an Icom IC-7E, this particular handheld used to put out 1.5 watts, however it has a fault and puts out probably less than 100mW, so ideal as a reciever, with it's wideband 0-999 Mhz coverage.

Anyway it nearly didnt get through customs at Bristol as they took an interest in it, taking it away to be looked at, and after about 5 minutes, they gave it back to me and sent me on my way.

It proved to be very usefull however, as we went on a cruise holiday I could monitor the ship to shore transmissions around 156.500, only issue was my very poor French, Spanish and Italian language understanding, still I did understand when I heard the Captain of our ship talking to the pilot boat in the port of Rome, asking when we could depart, only to be told that we were last and we had to wait, how rude !

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back and hope the holidays went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, I hope you had a good time. See you around. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home Paul and glad you had a great time, need to talk you you at some point so could you give me a ring 322884

    Ken

    G3SDW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all, thanks for the comments, holiday was great, but good to be home as well, sure no problem Ken, will call you sometime tomorrow (Saturday).

    73 Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear that you enjoy your holiday.. welcome back..


    holiday cottages in Torquay

    ReplyDelete