Saturday 9 October 2010

Rock Walk, Torquay and the Heaviside Layer.

Here on Torquay seafront we have a place called 'Rock Walk'. This used to be a nice scenic walk along the bottom of a steep cliff face, however nearly 3 years ago the area was deemed as dangerous due to falling tree's and small landslides, so the area was cordoned off.

Well £3 million pounds later it has been reopened to the public, and as I was away for the grand opening, and am also currently dogsitting for my Mother, we (Pepe and myself) decided to take a walk and have a look.

Basically all the tree's were removed as they were a danger, and a gentle stepped walkway now zig-zags to the top, where the views across Torbay can be enjoyed.


View towards Corbyn Head



View toward Torquay Harbour, with the Living Coasts centre top left.

Also dotted around the walk were some plaques with interesting local history, well this one caught my eye as it mentions radio and the ionosphere.



And here is the Pepe Pooch.



So there you go, so when someone mentions the Heaviside Layer, I'll know what they are talking about !

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul Nice scenery. I have always lived near the sea. My home town was Den Helder, a navy base. Then IJmuiden, the greatest sea locks of Europe. Now Heiloo, just 5 km away from the sea. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place! I want to see these personally and by the way the dog is really cute..


    Torquay holidays

    ReplyDelete