Thursday 13 January 2011

License to ragchew..

Since I have put up the ZS6BKW antenna I have found that I am actually putting out a half decent signal on 40 and 80m, so the types of QSO have been changing, now instead of the 5/9 73, I am spending perhaps 30 mins talking to just one station, and you know what I love it !

It's not doing my DXCC score a lot of good though !

Still the odd foray onto 17m for the DX though, I cant help myself.

Having said that, 17m is a relaxed band, and I am finding that the improved antenna and the ability to use some more RF is helping me to make some longer trans-atlantic contacts.

HAM life is good.


4 comments:

  1. Good morning Paul, very impressive results with the antenna. I Goggled the antenna seems simple and it works....what an idea eh! Have fun on the weekend with it. Maybe my QRP juice will find it's way to your ZS6BKW antenna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike, the only one of my blog friends I have contacted is Paul, PC4T, and that was on PSK31, so am always listening out, I think it's 80% of radio operating anyway !

    73 Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul, the ZS6BKW seems to work well. I always looking for blog friends to work. On top of the list now is N2UGB. I tried many, many times to work him. Once I heard somebody else work him, but I couldn't hear Dick. I worked you indeed, and I worked G4ILO (SSB) and PE4BAS (PSK31 & SSB), and Adam M6RDP (do you hear something about him?) his last posting is from September last year. I heard G4NKX with JT65A but could not work him. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ZS6BKW is working well for you, I just looked at your log for 26 January. Some good DX on 40 and all SSB. I really need to try and get my antennas more efficient and / or do something about the noise too.

    vy 73
    Frustrated HAM.

    ReplyDelete