Monday 31 January 2011

VK7GK worked on 40m.

Worked Gerry, VK7GK on 7134 LSB around 0900 GMT this morning, with solid 5/5 signals both ways !

I have never even heard VK on 40m, let alone worked, and yes this was my first VK contact since becoming an Amateur, Gerry was using 300 watts into a 2 element quad, with myself using the ZS6BKW and 100 watts.

Propogation is such a fickle thing, I was trying to work a contest station over the weekend on 40m in Romania, he was a 5/5, could I work him, no chance, and he was calling back UK stations, then I work Gerry after just one call, and we spoke for around 10 mins, good signals with very little fading.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, well done! I've never worked VK with phone. This is really a good achievement. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Good work OM. I can only dream these days about doing what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brings back memories of the first time i worked VK, great feeling Paul isn`t it, good luck mate.

    73

    Ken g3SDW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks chaps, what's really nice is that the XYL has family out in Tasmania, one of which was a Ham, now silent key, so I really wanted my first VK to be Tasmania, just got lucky !

    ReplyDelete