Saturday 8 May 2010

Morse code generator kit.

One requirement for the Intermediate Licence 2E0xxx - (the next step on from the Foundation Licence -M6xxx) is that you have to build a small project, it's really just to show you are able to use a soldering iron correctly without damaging yourself or any components.

So I started to look on the internet as you do, I liked the idea of building a morse kit, the eventual idea being to learn the code, and what better way than on something you have built.

I found this company, Quasar Electronics, here in the UK, and here is the link to the kit I have purchased.

http://www.quasarelectronics.com/smart-kit/1123-morse-code-generator.htm

I am also gathering the bits and pieces required to build a small circuit to light a bulb, the idea here is that you know how to use a multimeter on it's various ranges including voltage and current.

Ultimately I want to take my Intermediate and Full licence around the same time, thus only requiring one lot of study.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you find a whirly-gig pretty soon so you can get cracking with your project!

    Have sent you an email re: QSL cards. I would be happy to help.

    73 Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL whirly-GIG not heard that one before !!!

    Yeah thanks for the email, but my anti-virus deleted the attachment, I seem fated not to be able to do my own qsl's..

    ReplyDelete