Wednesday 24 March 2010

PCZ Reporter


I replied to a post on PC4T Pauls blog about the PSK reporter site, as you all probably know this great site can tell you where your data mode signal is being heard, well here is my version on the wall of my shack room showing all coutries I have contacted so far data and voice.

The best I have done to the west is Montana with N7AMK, Albert on 20m PSK31, for 4486 miles, going east I have worked RA1AOB, Dmitry on 40m PSK31 for 1465 miles.

To the north I had a very short and quite poor contact into Scotland on 80m LSB, and to the south I have worked TG9AHM on 20m PSK31 for 5319 miles and my best DX so far.

I have heard stations from JA and VK, though nothing from Africa or S. America as yet.

The currently very wet and sagging wire seems to be doing OK.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, yes I do use PSK reporter. It's a very nice site. It completes the whole qso together with DM780. No other modes has that benefit. It is really great. So I saw that the last 24 hours I heard 30 countries with PSK inclusive China. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a nice map you have. I once had such a map on the wall many years ago. Like you I marked the place I worked. I still got it on some photo's and even got an old video from it. Hope to place those old video's on you tube. Well, conditions are improving I´m sure you will hear Africa and South America soon. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul - I have a screen shot from a couple of days after getting my license where I was heard in VK land, I have that printed off and on the wall next to my exam pass.

    Hi Bas - is it not the law for a HAM station to have a map of the world with pins in it !?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, sure Paul unfortunately that's against the law at home...but not at work !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi paul, nice to see you on the air, lets try a vhf contact soon? did you get a vhf rig? make sure its a yaesu ;)

    73 de 2E0GDQ

    Nick aka coolcat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nick - How are you, hope you are well, I only have a 1.5w dual band Icom handie for VHF, fully set-up on HF though. I'll take it to work tonight if your about around 2230 hrs on 145.500.

    73 Paul.

    ReplyDelete