Wednesday 17 March 2010

PSK is the WAY to travel.

Well it's almost like flying, the little signal is travelling through the air, actually it is the only way to fly, at the speed of light !

Enough of that and getting to the point, PSK in 31,63 and 125 modes is proving to be a lot of fun currently, I have worked Mikhail 4Z5NF in Isreal on PSK63, also DO6BX in Germany on PSK125 and finally on PSK31, K0RDW Ron in Minnesota, a distance of 3925 miles, however I also worked for my best DX so far, K9WEY, Danny from Florida for 4229 miles.

Who needs BA when you have PSK..?

7 comments:

  1. Hi Paul,

    PSK is a great mode and particularly if you are using QRP. The higher HF bands are begining to open up now too. Most of my operation on HF at the moment is on PSK. You didn't say which band(s) you have been working but I am guessing 20 metres and above.

    73 De Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That antenna is really working for you, Paul. Excellent and very well done on these fantastic achievements. 73 Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see your having such fun - I too use psk and have just started using HRD & DM780 loads to learn albeit a little slow on my laptop.

    73 Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kevin - you are right, I was on 20m, last night I had another good dx psk31 (my best so far) into Guatemala for a distance of 5319 miles.

    @ Adam - Thanks it can only go downhill from now !

    @ Peter - By a little slow do you mean it runs slow, my laptop is of the age of the serial port as I wanted to CAT the radio that way, so it does huff and puff a bit with HRD,DM780,Logbook, 4-5 tabs in Firefox not surprising really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paul, PSK is absolute my favorite mode. Yesterday I made a lot of QSO's with PSK31 on 80 and 40 meter. Using Digital Master 78Ø. See you on the band one day! 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul - Yes we have now met on the band, thanks for the psk31 qso !!

    73 Paul.

    ReplyDelete