Friday 26 February 2010

Croeso i Gymru

Or 'Welcome to Wales' if you dont speak Welsh.

I have just started my 11 day break from work, I work a set pattern and so my time off is pre defined, and now I am off HURRAH, it can never come quick enough.

The good lady and myself like to get away up to Shropshire at least once a year, she grew up there, and last year we walked up Mount Snowden which was great fun, so we have booked a wooden log chalet for the week from Monday at Bala, in the Snowdonia National Park, just a little west of North Shropshire.



We love to do lots of walking and wildlife watching and evenings in with nice food and a few beers, we will be taking our telescope with us, and of course a couple of radio's and the laptop and dongle, hmmm, just like being at home then !

5 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, that sounds like fun. No, I don't speak Welsh. But the language looks very fascinating, because it's a old Celtic language. I never been in Wales, but it's on my list of favorites. Enjoy your stay there. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, we have both lived in South Wales before, seperately, before we were married, it's a lovely country and very very nice people.

    Back to radio matters I have discovered that in Ham radio Deluxe I can switch on my TS-480 (I knew I could switch it off from HRD), this means I can remotely enable the radio, I only have to leave the power supply switched on now which I can live with.

    I can only legally TX on UK CB freq's though, for the moment anyway.

    Holland is somewhere I have always wanted to go to, but have only made it as far as Brussels !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul, OK that's nice. Many years ago I started as a 11 meter 'pirate' because it was illegal then, together with my father, who was also a ham radio operator later on. It was tensive not to be caught by the authorities. Hi. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Holidays Paul!

    See you for the exam on 8th!

    73 Adam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul - The thinking here in the UK is that OFCOM are not that intersted in 27.555 as long as your are not being a nuisance.

    The last prosecution was 2 years ago with a £50 fine.

    Adam - Thanks we will, it's good to get away.

    73 Paul.

    ReplyDelete