Saturday 3 April 2010

Bienvenido a Argentina a la 10m

Best DX to date and my first South American country was with LU4FW, Diego from Rosario, about 100m west of Uruguay.

PSK31 was the mode of transmission - I am starting to hear voices around 28500, not good enough to work yet, however some of the PSK signals are very strong to me, yes quite a lot of QSB, still a good sign of things to come for this band.

The distance was 6736.5 mi (10841.4 km), so easily my best DX so far.

I used the Sirio 827 as the long wire is around 5 's' points down.

Here is the antenna array at LU4FW, with that sort of system I could have worked him on a piece of damp string !

2 comments:

  1. Very nice contact...and 10 meters at that! I have happy memories of Argentina having spent more than a year there. Son born in BA. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paul, that antenna of yours is doing a really good job.
    OT: I read your comment Larry's blog about Wordpress, there is indeed a free blog account available by Wordpress. Really nice.

    73 Paul

    ReplyDelete