Saturday 17 April 2010

Homebrew Dipole SUCCESS !

I lengthened the 40m element (just the 'hot' side) and managed some compromise SWR readings as follows

7000 - 1.2
7100 - 1.8
7200 - 2.5

21000 - 2.5
21200 - 2.0
21400 - 1.5:1

I already had some good swr readings on 20m, so the antenna is very useable on the 3 bands, which was proved by contacts with DJ3HJ, Rudi on 40m and EA8AOC, in the Canary Islands on 15m.

UPDATE - Just worked two more stations - 4ZIUF in Isreal, on 15m and Mr New York, Mike, W2YP on 20m for a 5/7, 2nd time I have worked Mike now, he's a BIG station, illuminating Europe, you have to hear him, love it !!



3 comments:

  1. Hello Paul,

    Fantastic results! As far as 40m goes it's a bit high at the top end, but as you say, it's workable. And on 15m there's never much activity below 21200 on my 703 so that should be good. You get some very interesting stations considering you use only 10W and I am delighted as it will show other people who read your blog and may be thinking of getting a 10W licence just what can be done.

    I rarely put 15m on although I get a decent SWR on the PAR - so will have to try a bit harder!

    Might have a spin on 40m in a minute and see if I can raise anyone.

    Enjoy Sunday! 73 Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namaste!

    Nice blog dear friend, enjoyed it. Hope to work u on air too. Good-luck and God-bless.....73

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adam,

    I really like 15m as it seems to attract the more 'exotic' DX, and the band is usually very quiet, noise wise.

    Hi there Sai,

    Welcome to my blog and I hope you find it enjoyable and maybe even informative, may see you on the bands, 15m perhaps ?

    73
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete