Sunday 11 April 2010

Many thanks !

To Adam, M6RDP who as promised dropped round a 1:1 balun I need for an antenna project, but also he gave me a map of the US States he found in a charity shop, Adam thought I may like it and he was right !

I have stuck some pins in showing the 5 states I have worked so far.

It's all too easy to say 'sure I'll do this or do that' and then not bother, I've had a lot of that and it really riles me, dont bother saying anything if your'e not going to do it.

So now I can crack on with a multiband dipole I am building, I wanted to feed it with coax, hence the balun requirement.

2 comments:

  1. Evening Paul, Thanks for the nice comments there and nice to see the US map in your shack - it looks great! Lets hope you get to work every state eventually. Hope you had a good time in Cornwall and GL with the multi-band dipole. Hopefully we will meet up on 40m Tuesday morning. I am wondering about a little Miracle Whip like Paul (PC4T) has for my 817. If I buy it it will be my third try with it: first I bought it for an HF RX antenna and wasn't teriffically impressed given its £112 price tag. Then I got one again after a few months for £50 for my 817 and couldn't make a single contact. Sold that too! Now I am considering it again this time for 2m and for when the solar cycle picks up on HF. It doesn't half look good on the back of the 817 - like they were made for one another. 73 and thanks for the £10. Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam, I know Paul swears by the miracle whip, I can offer you no real advice as never used one, anything like that I believe will be a lot at the mercy of the propogation.

    Found this link though..http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lapthorn/mwhip.htm

    Yes I'm looking forward to our sked on Tuesday, will be very interesting, hopefully we can try a few bands and explore the groundwave prop.

    I managed to access the St Austell repeater from our 1st floor balcony of the hotel in Newuqay, had a very short qso with a G7, then no matter how I tried, even out and about around the open areas in front of the hotel I could not get back into the repeater, I wondered if there may have been a small lift on ?

    Speak to you on Tues...not on the phone !

    73
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete